1 Information we may collect from you
- your personal details (e.g. your name, date of birth, age and gender);
- your contact details (such as postal and email addresses and telephone numbers);
- payment details (e.g. banking details or credit card information);
- details of interactions and activity (e.g. communications, enquiries, complaints, transactions and activity relating to our business);
- information from social media accounts and profiles; and
- preferences, interests and opinions (e.g. preferences about communications with us).
- experience, qualifications, skills and character;
- previous and current occupation and employment details including employment status;
- screening checks (e.g. reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work or vocational suitability);
- emergency contact details;
- payroll and superannuation information (including payroll tax file number); and
- sensitive information (such as professional or trade association membership or health information).
2 What do we use your information for?
- identify and communicate with you;
- conduct our business functions;
- provide, sell and improve our products and services;
- research and respond to the needs, preferences and interests of our customers and other stakeholders;
- respond to and deal with your enquiries, requests or complaints;
- complete transactions with you;
- maintain and update our records;
- facilitate a sale or restructure of our business;
- recruit, train and manage our staff;
- for business support purposes, including maintenance and back up purposes;
- protect the safety and security of our customers, staff, assets and facilities;
- comply with legal obligations and defend and exercise legal rights;
- investigate, manage and inform you of a data or security breach involving your personal information; and
- compliance with our legal obligations.
3 How do we collect your information?
- in the course of providing you with goods or services;
- directly from you (e.g. through forms, applications or information provided verbally);
- records of communications (e.g. by telephone, email or online);
- records of activity (e.g. website usage as indicated in section 4 below);
- publicly available information (e.g. social media);
- other third party sources (e.g. your representatives, our service providers);
- by generating new information from other information we hold – e.g. through reviews, calculation and analysis.
4 Our website
5 How do we share your personal information?
- our related companies;
- your and our representatives;
- for job applicants, your referees and academic institutions;
- government agencies for lawful purposes (e.g. tax and workcover authorities); and
- our service providers including providers of recruitment, screening check, training, payroll, superannuation, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, share registry providers, data processing, data analysis, research, identity/data verification, insurance, website and technology services; and
- any businesses we may buy, sell, merge or partner with.
6 How do we protect your personal information?
We take steps to secure your personal information with an aim to prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of personal information. These steps include physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information. At different times these steps include system access controls, encryption, secure premises and contractual controls (e.g. where data storage providers hold personal information on our behalf).
7 What are your privacy rights?
- ask us not to use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing as set out in section 2 above;
- request access to or correction of your personal information that we hold; or
- make a complaint if you feel we have breached your privacy.
To provide access to or correct your personal information, we may need to verify your identity. Please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us locate it. We will usually provide access or correct your details, or where we are unable to provide the access or corrections you seek, our reasons for not doing so, within 30 days. If we refuse access or corrections, we will provide you with the reason(s) for refusal. If you disagree in relation to a correction that we have refused, you can ask us to note your requested correction with the relevant information.
To make a complaint, please contact us on the details set out in section 8 below. We may seek further details from you, and may need to engage or consult with other parties to investigate and deal with your complaint. We keep records of your complaint and any resolution.
8 Contacting Us
Purearth Foods Pty Ltd [email protected] T +61 3 9903 6400 25 Distribution Drive Truganina VIC 3029
We may revise this policy from time to time, the most updated version will be on our Website. We encourage you to check this page for the latest version when you are providing further personal information from time to time.
This policy was last modified on 31/8/2021.